Pocock Racing Shells builds a limited number of our K1 racing single each year. In 2014, there will only be 20 K1′s built. These singles are available for late summer/early fall completion. You can start the order process by requesting a quote.
Pocock Racing Shells may not immediately come to mind when considering an elite-level single, but it should. Like its big sisters, the Hypercarbon K1 is light, stiff, and fast. The hull is narrow for minimal drag, yet is surprisingly easy to balance. Each boat is built to its owner’s specifications, and includes rigging that can be adjusted to an exacting degree.
- Riggers: Extremely stiff and infinitely adjustable carbon fiber. This is the stiffest sculling rigger available.
- Footboards: Fully adjustable, unbreakable carbon fiber footboards with Rowing Shoes or Racing Sandals.
- Seats: Super light, super durable single carriage carbon with sealed bearing wheels.
- Customization: Optional colored bowbraces in red, blue, green, orange, purple, silver, & gold. Vinyl striping in 10 colors & 4 styles. Custom graphics packages available.
|K1 Small Hull||K1 Large Hull|
|Crew Weight (lbs.)||130-175||170-230|
|Avg. Fully Rigged Weight (With Carbon Riggers)||29 lbs.||30 lbs.|
|Waterline beam (in.)||10.19||10.79|
|Waterline length (ft.)||26||27.3|
Featuring the same fast hull design as its Hypercarbon counterpart, the Core K1 is built to be durable and low maintenance. Its carbon and proprietary syntactic core construction keeps the hull stiff and highly damage-resistant. The Core K1 is the perfect club single or the training centerpiece of top-flight competitive programs. With two hull sizes and plenty of simple rigging options, it’s a great fit for many different rowers.
- Riggers: Easy to use aircraft-grade T-6 aluminum wing.
- Footboards: Fully adjustable boards with Rowing Shoes or Racing Sandals.
- Seats: Light, durable single carriage injection molded plastic.
- Customization: Vinyl pin striping in 10 colors & 4 styles.